At Vettery, we understand that there are many factors you need to consider when interviewing for a new job, especially as you get to later stages of the interview process or even have an offer on the table. Take some time to evaluate the opportunity as well as your own career goals. As you think things over, reference our list of 10 questions that you should ask yourself before accepting a new job.
- Do I understand what my day-to-day will be in this role?
- Does this opportunity align with my professional goals? Specifically, will I be able to advance my career here?
- What are the business hours? Is there a remote policy? What is the schedule I will be expected to work?
- What is the team structure like? Will I have team support from the initial onboarding process throughout my career at the company?
- Am I excited about the company and its mission?
- How is the company culture?
- Will I continue to learn in this role?
- From our discussions, what does the benefits package include — does the company have a good healthcare policy, provide gym membership, continued education reimbursement, and wellness programs?
- Does the company provide a competitive salary - will they pay me for my worth and work?
- Do I see myself working at this company in 5 years?
Starting a new job can be a life-changing decision, so it is essential to take the time to evaluate if an opportunity is right for you. Ask yourself these questions, and if you can’t answer them reach out to the hiring manager for more clarification. Don’t be afraid to ask for an additional call after the final offer is sent out so you can determine if you genuinely want to accept it.
We know how challenging it can be to know if an opportunity is right for you, so hopefully, you will be able to use these questions to evaluate your next offer and make sure you are making the right decision for your career.